March 9, 2007

armoire doors

Filed under: projects — howarth frank @ 6:50 pm

The doors on the armoire have been difficult not because they are hard to make but because I keep screwing them up.  First I cut the cross pieces wrong and was not going to be able to attach them to the vertical pieces, and the long vertical pieces were horribly warped even after I had planed them on the jointer.  I got the two doors all glued put together and noticed I had put one of the lower wood panels in wrong, doh!  I cut the lowers rail on the band saw and pulled it out, then I chiseled out the remaining wood. Then I glued the new lower rail back in, luckily I had one I had made form the first set of doors.

img_0144.JPG  img_0145.JPG

Comments are closed.