i have been building pieces for a new chicken run. the chickens have been tearing up the back yard and this will keep them in one area. today i put the pieces together.
February 27, 2009
February 22, 2009
i have ruffed out a dust hood for the new planer in plywood. i am thinking i wall re-make it in solid wood and turn the connection to the ductwork on the lathe. i am finding in plywood a have dead spots at this connection point.
i have taken the motor for the planer to a motor shop, to be tuned up. i had found that one of the bearings was not turning smoothly and would get hot if the motor was run for very long. they do not know what the prognosis is yet.
February 18, 2009
i tried gluing a bunch of scrap pieces of wood together to turn on the lathe. it did not work so well, pieces came off and the edged of each piece of wood frayed into the gaps. the idea was to not have to spend all the time fitting pieces together as in a traditional segmented turning.
February 11, 2009
February 5, 2009
i got a bunch of horse chestnut wood from a tree a friend of mine had cut down. so far it seems to be turning nicely.