The armoire is coming together; maybe we will still be wearing coats for the season when it is finished. The lights are one watt LEDs, with a rating of 50 thousand hours. I’m not even going to bother with a switch.
March 17, 2007
March 15, 2007
I have made the legs for the armoire. I glued up a bunch of leftover scrap peaces from the rest of the armoire. i turned each bunch on the lathe.
March 9, 2007
The doors on the armoire have been difficult not because they are hard to make but because I keep screwing them up. First I cut the cross pieces wrong and was not going to be able to attach them to the vertical pieces, and the long vertical pieces were horribly warped even after I had planed them on the jointer. I got the two doors all glued put together and noticed I had put one of the lower wood panels in wrong, doh! I cut the lowers rail on the band saw and pulled it out, then I chiseled out the remaining wood. Then I glued the new lower rail back in, luckily I had one I had made form the first set of doors.